Friday, March 7, 2014

Why I'm a PC

When it comes to Laptops I would rather have a PC. I think that the Macbooks have been too hyped up and overrated. Although I'm not very happy about Windows 8, I still prefer the windows OS. Every Mac owner will tell you "once you go Mac you never go back".. well I don't want to go Mac. I just don't fit in with all the other "Apple" people. They seem kind of pretentious. The closest I came to becoming a Mac person was using my husbands a Ipad. It was fun for a few minutes but we actually ended up giving away to a friend. This is ironic because as I mentioned in a previous product review, I  also gave away my android tablet. Yes, it turns out when people need things that we don't, we like to give them away. That and maybe I'm just not into tablets. That might be what the problem is. See, I like laptops. I like having keys that I can type like a typewriter. I like to have something solid with a decent sized screen. These newer gadgets seem so fragile.  We had a keyboard for our Ipad but it still wasn't the same as having a solid windows-platform laptop in front of me. I know that you can currently buy an android tablet for less than $100, but the better ones are running $250+.. almost the price of a new laptop. So why not just get a notebook?

Most importantly, my main reason for being an Andriod/PC Gal: Cash. The Iphone and Ipad are significantly higher in price than the android and pc options. I just have trouble trying to justify spending $200-$500 on a phone. There are other things I want to spend that money on. I would rather put that money into a night out of a really nice dinner, or a new camera, or a few new pairs of shoes, etc. 
I'm not an "Apple Hipster" - I'm not poor, but I'm not rich either. ..and I'm not OK with having a Macbook and Iphone in my apartment but only one pair of sneakers and nothing in my refrigerator. As I mentioned in a former product review, I'm fairly happy with my $30 Android Kyocera Rise. It's not an Iphone but I paid a fraction of the price for it and it gets the job done. 

Sorry, I fear I have babbled off topic. But it appears that it all comes down to money. People say you get what you pay for. In some cases, I believe this to be true. ..but in some cases, I think the people that believe this are just suckers trying to rationalize having paid through the nose for a product that is overpriced.


No comments:

Post a Comment