Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Nextbook 7" Dual Core Tablet with 8GB Review

I had this tablet for about 6 months, but I just gave it away to a friend a few days ago. Why? Well, it didn't really do what I wanted it to do. My main problem with it being the difficulty I had attempting to use the type-pad. I certainly wasn't expecting an "Ipad level" product, but I was hoping the touch screen would be a little bit more responsive. At times, I had trouble answering emails and even updating twitter and facebook statuses. The Nextbook 7" an android tablet and comes with Google Play installed. I was hoping to use it for Netflix but every time I used Netflix on the tablet, it would freeze. It just wouldn't work. I was really disappointed.  I was also disappointed about many apps from the Google Play store that were not available for my tablet. No Instagram...bummer

Now the good - the battery life is decent. It's lasts about 3 hours on average without charging. Obviously certain apps will run up the battery faster. Another good thing about this tablet is my 7-year-old niece thinks it's amazing. She claims the games are better than on her ipod and she likes having a bigger screen than her ipod. She told me she would rather have my tablet than her ipod. Every time she visits with me she wants to play on it. Come to think of it she might not be very happy when she learns that I have given it away. Oops. Anyway, my point is if you are getting this for a kid to play some games then I think it's a decent affordable product. I think my niece's ipod cost about $200 in comparison with my tablet which only cost $80 from Walmart - and she likes it better. I on the other hand needed something a little more than kid-centric games.

No comments:

Post a Comment